Different types of residential leasehold dispute can be resolved by the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) (“the Tribunal”).
The Tribunal decisions accessible here cover the following subjects.
- 1993 Act decisions – lease extension and enfranchisement for flats
- 1985/1987 Act decisions – leasehold management, service charges, and Right of First Refusal
- 1967 Act decisions – lease extension and enfranchisement for houses
- Right to Manage Decisions
- Breaches of lease, Section 168 2002 Act decisions
- Estate charges under Estate Management Schemes, Section 159 2002 Act decisions
Decisions made before 1 July 2013 are by the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (“LVT”), and whilst the LVT continues in Wales, from 1 July the tribunal in England was titled First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber). For Welsh tribunal decisions see Residential Property Tribunal Wales.